About Me

Saturday, June 22, 2013

My Happiness

What makes me truly happy? Hmmm.... I hate to be too generic, but I think I will start with the basics of my happiness and then try to go a little deeper. :-)

My happiness comes from a variety of sources. I love being happy and find that I am incredibly happy when I am with my family, friends and boyfriend. They all make me happy somehow, especially when I need them the most. In addition to people, I feel truly happy after working out, especially after running, and after yoga. Feeling strong and healthy is like an IV feeding my happiness.

Reading a really good book and listening to my favorite music (often simultaneously) make me very happy. Having predicted results in a chemistry lab (particularly my research) makes me incredibly happy. Also, both coffee and learning make me feel happy. In many ways, Central Michigan University makes me happy. That might seem a bit odd, but I thoroughly love my college, from the beautiful campus to the people that have influenced my life since being here. I volunteered recently for CMU's STEM day, and I couldn't help but exude my joy for science and CMU to the prospective students! The McNair Scholars program also makes me happy. I have so many great opportunities available through the program and my fellow McNair peeps are incredible!

Going a little deeper, laughing and smiling make me happy. The feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment also make me happy. Knowing that my parents would be proud of where I am in my life today gives me a special kind of happiness.Yes, it does seem like a lot of things make me happy. But I love being happy, so I tend to find happiness in every nook and cranny. :-)

1 comment: