About Me

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Burning Questions....

What is success? How would I define success?

I have never really been a very deep and thoughtful person, but I will try to explain what success means to me. To me, success is happiness. Being able to stand by the decisions you have made in life and feeling at ease with the results. I think success is knowing that you have done what you can do, and that you wouldn't do it any differently if you went back in time. Success comes in many different areas of life, such as education, career and relationships. I believe success has a role within each aspect individually and as a bigger picture overall. 

I think success is different for every person. For myself to be successful in each aspect of my life, I feel like I need to try my hardest and never give up. Even if I am not the #1 student in a class or the perfect worker, I am still successful because I am trying my hardest. I am successful when I can make my unique contribution, or my voice heard, to the task at hand. 

I do have some materialistic world views with success, such as owning my own home someday and having a "fantasmal" career so awesome that I forget it is even work. Success to me is not having large amounts of riches, but rather being able to live a comfortable lifestyle of my choice. I believe everything happens for a reason! So even when you succumb to experiences that might be far from success, they have a purpose! All experiences help mold and shape us into the person that we are, and therefore lead to our own unique perspective of success. 

So, to wrap up and summarize my vague ideas on success, I will try to restate them more precisely here. 

Success to me is:
  • Happiness!
  • Accepting the choices you have made in life and knowing that they influence who you are. 
  • Trying your hardest and pushing yourself to (or even past) your limits. 
  • Having a career in life that you enjoy so much you forget that you are working. 
  • Living your own lifestyle.   
:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment